Thursday, June 23, 2011

A day away.......


Well I went to work for 1 week before summer started (I work in the schools here), so I have pumped prior to today BUT I did want to put a quick post up about my milk supply. I have heard from several people about how I "will HAVE to supplement" in order to keep up with my babies demands....which really annoys me for some reason. I have bottle fed my twins with my own breast milk and also formula a couple times (only when I don't have any breast milk in the fridge), not because of a low milk supply, but rather to give myself a break from nursing. I am constantly nursing one of the babies and have had some issues with my nipples getting dry/cracked and they were bleeding at one point. Now when I do "take a break" from nursing the twins, I don't go crazy bottle feeding them because I am still making milk and it has to come out somehow. I don't give them a bottle every day....or even every other day....it's more like a couple times a week. Anyways, I went to the beach today and took an entire day off from breastfeeding and it really was great. When I got back from the beach I pumped and got 15 ounces from just pumping one time. So for every person out there that doubts their ability to breastfeed multiples....right here is proof that you CAN do it!! I have to admit, that when I pump I am honestly surprised by how much milk comes out.....and in a really strange way I am proud of myself.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to post that I got 15 ounces after a 5 hour break from the babies.....

    ReplyDelete